PesaPap app by Family Bank is now giving smartphone users in Kenya an opportunity to access loans without holding a physical account with the lender.
With a PesaPap wallet account you can access loans from within the app. PesaPap wallet account is your Safaricom number which you will use to create the wallet account within the PesaPap App.
Apart from using PesaPap app, you can use the USSD code *325# to access PesaPap services even on a feature phone.
Kenyans can try this app for loans.The maximum loan is kes50000 subject to qualification.Here is my current loan limit ;
Getting Started with PesaPap Loans
- Download PesaPap on play store or App Store
- Open the App
- Select Open Wallet Account
- Set your m-pin
- Once approved, you'll be ready to go.
Borrowing from PesaPap app.
- Open PesaPap app
- Login to the app,
- select PesaPap Wallet,
- My Loans,
- (then check your Loan Limit to know how much you can borrow)
- Select request loan
- Enter the amount (ensure you write a value equal to or less than your loan limit)
Once loan is approved, money will be in your PesaPap wallet account 'pap'.
Withdraw from PesaPap app
- Open the app
- Select Mpesa
- From Family Bank to Mpesa
- Select to own Mobile
- Select source as your wallet account number
- Enter amount
Money will be sent into your Mpesa account ready for use.
Repay PesaPap loan
- Open the app
- Select PesaPap wallet
- Select my loans
- Select repay loan
- Choose source,loan account, amount to repay or choose partial or full repayment
If your PesaPap wallet is empty and you don't have a physical account with family bank, you'll have to top up you wallet first.
- Go to Mpesa
- Lipa na Mpesa
- Select paybill
- Enter business number 222111
- Account number ( here enter your phone number which is the wallet account number in this format : 2547xxxxxxxx )
- Enter amount to top up
- Enter Mpesa PIN
Contact PesaPap Team
In case of anything ,you can reach out to the team through the ways below;
- Visit any Family Bank branch near you.
- Call; 0703 095 445