Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Ubapesa Loan App

    July 11, 2018   No comments

Ubapesa Loan app
@Ubapesa logo


Ubapesa app serves as a 'money market' where buyers and sellers of money (in this case, borrowers and lenders) interact. And the good thing is when you register, you become both a borrower and a lender.Just choose what you want to do while within the app at that time.


The app is under Ubapesa Limited, a technology firm based in Nairobi which is helping lenders earn a profit and borrowers access loans for their use.

Getting Started with Ubapesa app

An Android phone or tablet is a must.
  • You first need to download Ubapesa app from play store here.
  • Create your account 
  • Check your credit score
  • Check your loan limit 
  • Go to the money market 
  • Start transacting


Borrowers on Ubapesa

You can apply for a loan that never exceeds your loan limit indicated. The loans are repayable within 10 days ( at 9% interest ) or 20 days (at 10% interest ) or 30 days (at 13% interest )

The approved borrowed loan amount will be sent to your Mpesa number  registered  with Ubapesa with minutes.

Repay Ubapesa Loan

You can repay the loan within the app by selecting 'Repay loan' button.ChooseMpesa and enter the amount, enter mpesa pin and press 'OK'

You can also go to Mpesa menu and pay as follows;

  • Go to Mpesa
  • Select Lipa na mpesa 
  • Select Paybill 
  • Enter business number 144966 (this is the Ubapesa paybill number)
  • Account number (is your phone number registered on Ubapesa)
  • Amount enter the loan amount due 
  • Enter PIN 
  • Press Ok
Now go back to Ubapesa app and select repay loan to make it refresh and update your account. 

Lend on Ubapesa 

Before you can lend money on Ubapesa,  you need to add funds to you account. 

Add Funds into Ubapesa 

While within the app, you select Add Funds to UbaAccount, input the amount of money and proceed.
You can also use the Mpesa menu and follow the steps;

  • Go to Mpesa 
  • Lipa na Mpesa
  • Paybill 
  • Enter business number 144966
  • Account number (is your phone number )
  • Enter amount you wish to add to Ubapesa 
  • Enter Mpesa PIN 
  • Ok
Kindly note that the maximum you can lend is ksh140000 .To lend anything above the maximum, Please contact Ubapesa. 

How to lend

You can lend by allowing Ubapesa to match your requirements with a borrower automatically after you provide the amount,credit score and duration. 

You can also choose a borrower manually from the list of borrowers on the market regardless of your set conditions. 

As a lender you still choose to do single lending meaning you lend to a single borrower and wait till they repay.If you choose multilending you will continue lending till the principal gets exhausted. 

Earning on Ubapesa

Lenders earn up to 42.5% of the facilitation fee (interest ) and the remaining 57.5% goes to Ubapesa for settling platform charges,insurance and withholding fees.
 
If you wish to withdraw your funds Select Withdraw from Ubapesa Account,enter the amount and Ubapesa pin. You'll receive the money into your Mpesa number which you registered with on Ubapesa platform. 

The good thing is that you don't have to contact the borrowers yourself but Ubapesa does it for you. There's a guarantee from Ubapesa that when borrowers don't repay, you still get back your money in 60 days after loan due date.


Contact Ubapesa 

Ubapesa customers can reach out to the team through;
Call; 0709693000
Email to ; info@ubapesa.com

Ubapesa Offices are located at Golf View Office Suites in Muthaiga on 2ambui Road,off Thika Road. 4th Floor Office No A4

Advertisements

Mwabaya Katana

About Mwabaya Katana

Mwabaya Katana is a Finance Online Researcher and Writer.He is the founder of 'Loans Kenya' Blog.

Previous
Next Post