The lender took this move to easy access to Kenyan shilling by the Chinese nationals doing business in the country.The tedious forex exchange channel which involved changing Yuan to Dollars then Dollars to Kes is over now.Yuan which is Chinese official currency exchanges at kes15.1189 (buying) and kes15.1556 (selling) as on 13th July 2016.
Traditionally, Kenyan Forex traders accepted only the currencies from the big economies in the world.These popular currencies include;US dollar(USD/$),Euro(€) and Great Britain Pound (GBP/£).
Exchange Rates(13th July 2016)
- USD$;kes101.1683(buying) kes101.3683(selling)
- Euro€; kes112.0556(buying) kes112.3122(selling)
- GBP£; kes132.2528(buying) kes132.5650(selling)
- SA Rand; kes7.0158(buying) kes7.0395(selling)
- AE Dirham; kes27.5430(buying) kes27.5997(selling)